Developing the scientific basis of paediatric critical care depends on high quality, relevant and robust research. The Paediatric Critical Care is a relatively small specialty field, compared with adult critical care and neonatology. The challenges of generating evidence for practice, while ensuring the voice of children and families is heard has led to innovative methodologies being increasingly explored. Through this webinar featuring Dr Joseph C Manning, we will consider the value of nursing research in Children's Critical Care, novel methodologies used, and the importance of Public and Patient Involvement.
Date: 24th March 2021
Keynote Speaker: Dr Joseph Manning
Dr Joseph Manning is a Clinical-Academic Nurse and a current National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and Health Education England (HEE) Integrated Clinical-Academic (ICA) Clinical Lecturer.
He has a joint appointment at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH) and The University of Nottingham (UoN) allowing for meaningful concurrent engagement in clinical practice and research. In his clinical-academic role, Joseph works as a Clinical Associate Professor in Children, Young People and Families Nursing, Charge Nurse for Paediatric Critical Care Outreach Team (Nottingham Children's Hospital), and as the lead for NMAHP research theme for Children and Families at NUH.
In addition, Joseph has regional, national and international roles as:
- Co-lead for the East Midlands HEE Clinical-Academic Post-doctoral Bridging Programme (HEE funded)
- Member of the Management Group for the East Midlands Clinical-Academic Pre-doctoral and Post-doctoral Bridging Awards (HEE funded)
- Invited member of the Nottingham Hospitals Charity Research Funding Panel
- Invited Member of the East Midlands NMAHP Clinical-Academic Steering Group
- Member of the Paediatric Intensive Care Society Study Group (UK)
- Associate Editor of Journal of Child Health Care
- Editorial Board Member of Nursing in Critical Care Journal
- Elected Chair of the Nursing Science Section for the European Society for Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care (ESPNIC)
- Steering Committee Member (Europe Lead) - PICU Core Outcome Set - NICHD Collaborative Pediatric Critical Care Research Network (US).